Urban Homeworks focuses the combined resources of the public, private and faith sectors to transform foreclosed, condemned or boarded properties into dignified, quality places to live.
Quality housing combined with a supportive landlord and resources from social service partners weave a web of support for households living in Urban Homeworks’ dignified housing. Donor support for Urban Homeworks makes rental units available to families earning as little as $10 per hour who do not have a government subsidy, which are in short supply. Urban Homeworks offers rental and homeownership opportunities for a broad range of income levels.
Mingle works with Urban Homeworks by donating materials such as cabinetry, countertops, flooring, and tile that have been removed as part of a remodel process.
Urban Homeworks is able to use these materials in the homes they renovate.
NARI Cares is committed to assisting Minnesota homeowners and organizations in need by performing affordable repairs or remodeling projects that will help improve the lives of those less fortunate.
NARI Cares functions:
- Seek out and identify potential NARI Cares projects and identify the need.
- Seek out and identify NARI Minnesota member companies for participation in NARI Cares projects.
- Facilitate the selection of a Project Contractor for each NARI Cares project and assist them with soliciting labor, material and monetary donations.
- Assist NARI Cares Project Contractors with the organization and execution of NARI Cares projects.
- Promote the good work NARI Minnesota members are doing in an effort to increase NARI Care’s overall impact on our community.
Mingle supports the important work of NARI Cares by volunteering on projects,
making donations, and hosting fundraisers.
BATC-Housing First Minnesota’s mission is to serve as the leading voice for builders and remodelers, helping the members build their businesses through marketing, advocacy and industry connections.
BATC activities and initiatives:
- Parade of Homes and Remodelers Showcase: offered each spring and fall, these tours are the largest and most successful in the U.S., reaching 150,000-plus interested consumers
- Artisan Home Tour: high-end, ticketed home tour held every June
- MN Green Path: the leading energy efficiency and green building program for the residential construction industry in Minnesota
- Advocacy: supports public policy initiatives supporting the home building and remodeling business
- BATC Foundation: partners with others to provide safe, durable, affordable housing for Minnesota's homeless, veterans and others in need.
Mingle participates in a variety of BATC events throughout the year to encourage membership and help the organization grow through marketing, event networking and making connections with builders and remodelers.