Urban Homeworks catalyzes powerful people, using equitable housing as a platform to build community.
Urban Homeworks transforms vacant properties into dignified, healthy homes in neighborhoods in Minneapolis and St. Paul, redeeming real estate so that the community can catalyze change agents and leaders.
The force that brings together the powerful people of the community and the resources of the public, private and faith sectors is hope. With equitable housing as our platform and a people-oriented development (POD) model as our tool, we intentionally weave a network of neighbors engaged in the challenges and rewards of urban living.
Mingle works with Urban Homeworks by donating materials such as cabinetry, countertops, flooring, and tile that have been removed as part of a remodel process. Urban Homeworks is able to use these materials in homes they renovate.
NARI Cares is committed to assisting Minnesota homeowners and organizations in need by performing affordable repairs or remodeling projects that will help improve the lives of those less fortunate.
NARI Cares functions:
- Seek out and identify potential NARI Cares projects and identify the need.
- Seek out and identify NARI Minnesota member companies for participation in NARI Cares projects.
- Facilitate the selection of a Project Contractor for each NARI Cares project and assist them with soliciting labor, material and monetary donations.
- Assist NARI Cares Project Contractors with the organization and execution of NARI Cares projects.
- Promote the good work NARI Minnesota members are doing in an effort to increase NARI Care’s overall impact on our community.
Mingle supports the important work of NARI Cares by volunteering on projects, making donations, and hosting fundraisers.
BATC-Housing First Minnesota’s mission is to serve as the leading voice for builders and remodelers, helping the members build their businesses through marketing, advocacy and industry connections.
BATC activities and initiatives:
- Parade of Homes and Remodelers Showcase: offered each spring and fall, these tours are the largest and most successful in the U.S., reaching 150,000-plus interested consumers
- Artisan Home Tour: high-end, ticketed home tour held every June
- MN Green Path: the leading energy efficiency and green building program for the residential construction industry in Minnesota
- Advocacy: supports public policy initiatives supporting the home building and remodeling business
- BATC Foundation: partners with others to provide safe, durable, affordable housing for Minnesota's homeless, veterans and others in need.
Mingle participates in a variety of BATC events throughout the year to encourage membership and help the organization grow through marketing, event networking and making connections with builders and remodelers.